SunFest Community Walk
Join your neighbours, friends and family at the SunFest Community Walk on Sunday 19th March 2017.
In 2017, the SunFest Community walk will be held in memory of beloved local resident fitness trainer Rachel Tyquin. In her memory, proceeds from this event will go towards a victims of violence charity.
We welcome and encourage all families, sporting clubs and businesses to join us in this community event. The event will be a 5km walk and will commence at 9:30am. Every entrant receives a special token of participation.
We would love to see all participants come dressed up. Anything from the 70’s right through to present! Bring out the lycra, leotards, tights and legwarmers! If you don’t want to dress up that is perfectly fine too.
Family (2 adults & 2 Kids) – $40
Adult (over 16 years) – $15
Kid (2-16 years) – $10
Child under 2 – Free
Pets – $5
To Register – Click here (**Coming soon)
Registrations will close 5:00pm Wednesday 14th March 2017
After the event please stay on the Village Green for our Health and Wellbeing entertainment and demonstrations, carnival rides, car show, entertainment and much more.
The 5km course takes you around a historic walking track, over a bluestone bridge, past Sunbury’s historical wineries, around a lake and more. For those who want to take their time on the walk there are historical markers to read and plenty of photo opportunities.
Please nore that the Community Walk commences on Barkly Street next to the Village Green. All information is available from the Information Marquee. Sunbury Village Green is on the Corner of O’Shanassy St and Brook Streets, Sunbury.
There will be signs indicating where the start and finish lines are. Also there will be signs and marchals along the route and at water stops.
First aid / water stations
There are three first aid stations on the course, positioned at the start/finish line and at the 2km, 5km and 8km marks. Water will be provided at the assembly area, on the course and at the finish line.
After the event on the main stage on the Sunday morning the food court will open and you will find a wide selection of food, coffee and drinks to enjoy, a number of BBQ’s and healthy food options.
All participants receive SunFest token of participation.
Trophies will be awarded to the main place-getters and the presentation will be held at the completion of the event. We ask if all winners could please be present to accept their prize.
Prizes will also be awarded to best costume.
– No pets, roller-blades, skateboards or bikes are permitted on the course. This is for everyone’s safety.
– Prams are permitted, but must start towards the back of the group. Each entrant must be registered. No charge for infants between 0-1 years of age. If you would like your infant to receive a medallion your infant will need to be registered and wear an entrant number.
– Keep an eye on your children and organise specific points to meet before the event in case someone gets lost. Event volunteers will be available along the course and at the start/finish line for assistance
– Be aware that you are a pedestrian on public roads and must follow instructions from event marshals
– Please remember to dress according to the weather and wear comfortable shoes.